Drupal-based InterMine Search module

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Drupal-based InterMine Search module

vkrishna
Hello InterMine Devs -

Just wanted to announce the availability of an InterMine Search module implemented in the Drupal framework.

Salient features:
  • This module utilizes the InterMine Search API endpoint to execute queries and report the results in a faceted manner, similar to the standard InterMine results page. It shows the 2 usual facets: Category and organism.shortName.

  • In addition to being able to communicate with a single InterMine instance by default, this module also enables simultaneous queries against multiple InterMines, aggregating the results into the faceted response page, with the addition of a new facet for the source InterMine instance.

  • As we are all aware, the search results on each local mine instance are scored by the Lucene Analyzer in order to weight the results and order them by "relevance". The Drupal search module implements a very simple mechanism to scale the relevance scores so that when results from multiple InterMines are aggregated, response objects from the same Entity types across the different mines are clustered together in the results.
In its current incarnation, the module is deployed at the LegumeFederation.org, and connected with all the LegFed Beany Mines, PhytoMine (JGI Phytozome) and ThaleMine (Araport). Here is a link to an example search result page: https://www.legumefederation.org/search/legfed/circadian

This module was originally developed for/by the Araport/ThaleMine project (https://www.araport.org/search/thalemine/flowering) and was also adapted to MTGD/MedicMine (http://www.medicagogenome.org/search/medicmine/circadian).


Look forward to your feedback and suggestions.

Thank you,
Vivek

--
Lead Bioinformatics Engineer
J. Craig Venter Institute

_______________________________________________
dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.intermine.org/mailman/listinfo/dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Drupal-based InterMine Search module

Gos Micklem-3
Hi Vivek,

Congratulations - this looks really great and I particularly like the way that the
contributing InterMines behave as facets. It's nice that, as for Joel's query builder, the
web services have meant you can get on and do what you want to do.

Best wishes,

Gos


On Mar 18 2018, Krishnakumar, Vivek wrote:

> Hello InterMine Devs -
>
> Just wanted to announce the availability of an InterMine Search module
> implemented in the Drupal framework.
>
> Salient features:
>
>    - This module utilizes the InterMine Search API endpoint to execute
>    queries and report the results in a faceted manner, similar to the standard
>    InterMine results page. It shows the *2 usual facets*: *Category* and
>    *organism.shortName*.
>
>    - In addition to being able to communicate with a single InterMine
>    instance by default, this module also enables simultaneous queries against
>    multiple InterMines, aggregating the results into the faceted response
>    page, with the addition of a *new facet* for the *source InterMine
>    instance*.
>
>    - As we are all aware, the search results on each local mine instance
>    are scored by the Lucene Analyzer in order to weight the results and order
>    them by "relevance". The Drupal search module implements a *very simple *
>    *mechanism* to *scale the relevance scores* so that when results from
>    multiple InterMines are aggregated, response objects from the same Entity
>    types across the different mines are clustered together in the results.
>
> In its current incarnation, the module is deployed at the
> LegumeFederation.org, and connected with all the LegFed Beany Mines,
> PhytoMine (JGI Phytozome) and ThaleMine (Araport). Here is a link to an
> example search result page:
> https://www.legumefederation.org/search/legfed/circadian
>
> This module was originally developed for/by the Araport/ThaleMine project (
> https://www.araport.org/search/thalemine/flowering) and was also adapted to
> MTGD/MedicMine (http://www.medicagogenome.org/search/medicmine/circadian).
>
> The module code is available on GitHub:
> https://github.com/jcvi-plant-genomics/intermine-search-drupal
>
> Look forward to your feedback and suggestions.
>
> Thank you,
> Vivek
>
> --
> Vivek Krishnakumar <http://vivekkrish.com>
> Lead Bioinformatics Engineer
> Araport <https://www.araport.org/> | MTGD <http://www.medicagogenome.org/> |
>  Legume Federation <https://www.legumefederation.org/>
> J. Craig Venter Institute
> [hidden email]

> _______________________________________________
> dev mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.intermine.org/mailman/listinfo/dev

_______________________________________________
dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.intermine.org/mailman/listinfo/dev