Drupal7 and postgresql driver

Alex Rice
This question is only tangentially about Tripal- sorry

My PHP setup was working fine with Drupal 6... But Drupal7 is throwing
an exception

PDOException: could not find driver in lock_may_be_available()

It looks don't have the PHP pdo_pgsql module installed, only have
pgsql... Has anyone knowledge about this? Does Drupal now require the
PDO driver?

--
Alex Rice <[hidden email]>
Software Engineer

Re: Drupal7 and postgresql driver

Stephen Ficklin-2
Hi Alex,

Yes, Drupal 7 has switched to using the PHP PDO for database queries.
There is some information about it on this page (including installation
for some platforms): https://drupal.org/requirements/pdo.  It sounds
like you'll have to find and install the driver for postgresql.

Just curious, what OS are you using?

Stephen

On 2/6/2014 8:18 PM, Alex Rice wrote:

> This question is only tangentially about Tripal- sorry
>
> My PHP setup was working fine with Drupal 6... But Drupal7 is throwing
> an exception
>
> PDOException: could not find driver in lock_may_be_available()
>
> It looks don't have the PHP pdo_pgsql module installed, only have
> pgsql... Has anyone knowledge about this? Does Drupal now require the
> PDO driver?

Re: Drupal7 and postgresql driver

Alex Rice
Stephen, OK thanks I got Drupal7 installed. I am developing on OS X, but
most of our servers are Linux (CentOS) . If anyone else runs into this
problem, here is what I did

# already have libpq installed
# rebuilt PHP with the pdo option
./configure --with-apxs2 --with-pgsql  --with-pdo-pgsql --with-gd
make && make test
sudo make install
sudo apachectl graceful

# ran drupal installer by http

# encountered errors about PDOException semaphore table not existing,
make sure you start with the default settings.php file, or remove the
database array from the settings.php file
# similar but not exactly like this issue
# https://drupal.org/node/1308308

cd sites/default
rm settings.php
cp default.settings.php settings.php

# ran installer by http again

# Drupal7 autodetected all PDO drivers that are installed, and filled
out the settings.php file based on your selections in the UI.