Dynamicly changing the "thirdbox"

Vallejos, Andrew

Is it possible, or would it be possible, to change the content of the thirdbox based on whether or not a user is logged in?  I am thinking that the “first time here?” is great for people who land on a Mine for the first time.  But if a person is logged in, then they are probably not a first time user and that box is “wasted space”.   So I would like to change that box to link to videos / tutorials / tips that would be aim at a different audience…not that I have any such content queued up or anything.

-Andrew

======================

Andrew Vallejos

Web Developer II

Biotechnology and Bioengineering Center

Medical College of Wisconsin

414-955-4104

Re: Dynamicly changing the "thirdbox"

Julie Sullivan
Hi Andrew,

I think that's a great idea, we talked about that for metabolicmine.  I think
some people were concerned about the possibility of shared computers in labs though.

However, it's really easy to do so I'll go ahead and implement a second,
optional property to display in that box if the user has been to the site before.

Cheers,
Julie