Quantcast

[Ergatis-devel] question about changing repeatmasker

| Threaded

[Ergatis-devel] question about changing repeatmasker

Chris Hemmerich

Hey,

The repeatmasker component currently hardcodes the '-lib' flag in the
.i1.xml execution of repeatmasker. We need to add support for the
'-species' (the two flags are mutually exclusive).  We'd like to do this
in a way we can submit back to svn without breaking the component for
others.

Our current plan is to write a simple perl wrapper to manage the 'lib' and
'species' flag and then call repeatmasker. Does this sound reasonable? Or
is there a better way to go about it?

Thanks,
  Chris

| Threaded

Re: [Ergatis-devel] question about changing repeatmasker

Joshua Orvis
Chris -

I just committed a fix that should support this without the need for a wrapper.  See SVN rev 7365 and see if this works for you.

Joshua

On Mon, Oct 10, 2011 at 1:42 PM, Chris Hemmerich <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hey,

The repeatmasker component currently hardcodes the '-lib' flag in the
.i1.xml execution of repeatmasker. We need to add support for the
'-species' (the two flags are mutually exclusive).  We'd like to do this
in a way we can submit back to svn without breaking the component for
others.

Our current plan is to write a simple perl wrapper to manage the 'lib' and
'species' flag and then call repeatmasker. Does this sound reasonable? Or
is there a better way to go about it?

Thanks,
 Chris

| Threaded

Re: [Ergatis-devel] question about changing repeatmasker

Chris Hemmerich

Thanks! That will certainly work for us (it's the workaround we've been
using locally).