Ergatis on Ubuntu

Julian Krauskopf
Hello,
I try to set up Ergatis on Ubuntu 10.4. webserver is apache. We can set up a pipeline, but when we want to run it we get the following error:

INFO 18:19:58:107 [Thread: main] IDGenerator generateUniqueID:86 Will use class 'org.tigr.antware.shared.idgen.FileIDGenerator' to generate IDs.
INFO 18:19:58:111 [Thread: main] IDGenerator generateUniqueID:103 Create an instance of class 'org.tigr.antware.shared.idgen.FileIDGenerator' to generate IDs.
ERROR 18:19:58:120 [Thread: main] FileIDGenerator getNextID:119 /opt/workflow/server-conf/idfile (No such file or directory)
FATAL 18:19:58:126 [Thread: main] ExceptionHandler handleExceptionQuietMode:137 Could not generate IDs due to file lock problems
/opt/workflow/server-conf/idfile (No such file or directory)

org.tigr.antware.shared.exceptions.IDGenerationException: Could not generate IDs due to file lock problems
        at org.tigr.antware.shared.idgen.FileIDGenerator.getNextID(FileIDGenerator.java:120)
        at org.tigr.antware.shared.idgen.BaseIDGenerator.generateUniqueID(BaseIDGenerator.java:89)
        at org.tigr.antware.shared.idgen.IDGenerator.generateUniqueID(IDGenerator.java:107)
        at org.tigr.antware.shared.idgen.IDGenerator.generateUniqueID(IDGenerator.java:57)
        at org.tigr.workflow.mapping.CommandSet.setIDRecursively(CommandSet.java:1783)
        at org.tigr.workflow.common.CommandDispatcherFactory.newInstance(CommandDispatcherFactory.java:192)
        at org.tigr.workflow.common.CommandDispatcherFactory.newInstance(CommandDispatcherFactory.java:152)
        at org.tigr.workflow.common.WorkflowEngine.runWorkflow(WorkflowEngine.java:633)
        at org.tigr.workflow.common.WorkflowEngine.mainHelper(WorkflowEngine.java:2452)
        at org.tigr.workflow.common.WorkflowEngine.main(WorkflowEngine.java:2509)
Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: /opt/workflow/server-conf/idfile (No such file or directory)
        at java.io.FileInputStream.(FileInputStream.java:137)
        at java.io.FileInputStream.(FileInputStream.java:96)
        at java.io.FileReader.(FileReader.java:58)
        at org.tigr.antware.shared.idgen.FileIDGenerator.getNextID(FileIDGenerator.java:92)
        ... 9 more

we already set the permissions for the directory /opt/workflow/server-conf to 777. we also gave sudo permission to the apache user.
we had a couple of other problems considering directories and permissions while installing ergatis, which we fixed by hand.

thanks for any sugestions
best regards
Julian Krauskopf

Re: Ergatis on Ubuntu

Mahurkar, Anup
If you look at the error line it is complaining about the idfile. Could you
confirm that the ID file exists.

)