Ergatis on Ubuntu

Julian Krauskopf
I Reinstalled workflow and now the idfile is there, but i get another error:

The Workflow is invoked. View Workflow Monitor to check the progress.
log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger (org.tigr.antware.shared.util.AppConfig).
ERROR 09:27:48:681 [Thread: main] FileIDGenerator getNextID:119 Permission denied
FATAL 09:27:48:685 [Thread: main] ExceptionHandler handleExceptionQuietMode:137 Could not generate IDs due to file lock problems
Permission denied

org.tigr.antware.shared.exceptions.IDGenerationException: Could not generate IDs due to file lock problems
        at org.tigr.antware.shared.idgen.FileIDGenerator.getNextID(FileIDGenerator.java:120)
        at org.tigr.antware.shared.idgen.BaseIDGenerator.generateUniqueID(BaseIDGenerator.java:89)
        at org.tigr.antware.shared.idgen.IDGenerator.generateUniqueID(IDGenerator.java:107)
        at org.tigr.antware.shared.idgen.IDGenerator.generateUniqueID(IDGenerator.java:57)
        at org.tigr.workflow.mapping.CommandSet.setIDRecursively(CommandSet.java:1783)
        at org.tigr.workflow.common.CommandDispatcherFactory.newInstance(CommandDispatcherFactory.java:192)
        at org.tigr.workflow.common.CommandDispatcherFactory.newInstance(CommandDispatcherFactory.java:152)
        at org.tigr.workflow.common.WorkflowEngine.runWorkflow(WorkflowEngine.java:633)
        at org.tigr.workflow.common.WorkflowEngine.mainHelper(WorkflowEngine.java:2452)
        at org.tigr.workflow.common.WorkflowEngine.main(WorkflowEngine.java:2509)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: Permission denied
        at java.io.UnixFileSystem.createFileExclusively(Native Method)
        at java.io.File.createNewFile(File.java:900)
        at org.tigr.antware.shared.idgen.FileIDGenerator.getNextID(FileIDGenerator.java:84)
        ... 9 more
Could not generate IDs due to file lock problems
Permission denied

Workflow '/usr/local/projects/test/workflow/runtime/pipeline/15/pipeline.xml' execution failed. Aborting Workflow Engine.

If you look at the error line it is complaining about the idfile. Could you
confirm that the ID file exists.

ERROR 18:19:58:120 [Thread: main] FileIDGenerator getNextID:119
/opt/workflow/server-conf/idfile (No such file or directory)

)

--
GMX DSL SOMMER-SPECIAL: Surf & Phone Flat 16.000 für nur 19,99 ¿/mtl.!*
http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/dsl

Re: Ergatis on Ubuntu

Mahurkar, Anup
What are the permission on the file and that directory? The way ID generation works is that we create a lock file before incrementing the ID in the idfile. So if either the file or the directory does not have write permission to the user then you would get the Permission denied error.

--
GMX DSL SOMMER-SPECIAL: Surf & Phone Flat 16.000 für nur 19,99 ¿/mtl.!*
http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/dsl

Re: Ergatis on Ubuntu

Aaron Gussman
Also, make sure that there's a number in idfile.

I just got the same error because the filesystem filled up and the
contents of idfile were erased.  Workflow kept failing until I edited
the file and added a number.