Fetch Taxonomic Representation on dataset is blank

Fetch Taxonomic Representation on dataset is blank

Ameena Nalim

Hello All
I ran a metagenomic analysis on a large dataset, larger than any of the
others that I have run successfully.
Joining two megablast queries resulted in 370, 163, 941 lines in tabular
format.
I then ran Fetch taxonomic representation on the data
It ran with no error messages
however when it was done approximately 3 days later, it was a empty file.
Why does this happen?
The previous dataset with 16,017,326 lines ran successfully
If I redo it, how do I know that three days from now, it will not come
back empty again?
any suggestions?
thanks
Ameena

Re: Fetch Taxonomic Representation on dataset is blank

Anton Nekrutenko
Ameena:

Can you share your history with me?

Thanks,

anton
galaxy team

On Sep 27, 2010, at 2:40 PM, Ameena Nalim wrote:

> Hello All
> I ran a metagenomic analysis on a large dataset, larger than any of the
> others that I have run successfully.
> Joining two megablast queries resulted in 370, 163, 941 lines in tabular
> format.
> I then ran Fetch taxonomic representation on the data
> It ran with no error messages
> however when it was done approximately 3 days later, it was a empty file.
> Why does this happen?
> The previous dataset with 16,017,326 lines ran successfully
> If I redo it, how do I know that three days from now, it will not come
> back empty again?
> any suggestions?
> thanks
> Ameena