Fwd: Fwd: Webapp questions

James Blackshaw
Hi,
I am wondering where the option is to hide fields in the results, in Intermine 0_94_1. I have some instructions from a the previous version, but the java files have all changed since then and I can't find that line in the directory anywhere.

Rgards,
James

From: Kim Rutherford <[hidden email]>
Date: 5 July 2007 11:47:29 GMT+01:00
To: "Anthony C. Smith" <[hidden email]>
Cc: Richard Smith <[hidden email]>
Subject: Re: Webapp questions

On Thu, 05 Jul 2007 10:42:59 +0100, Anthony C Smith wrote:

Hi,
A have a few quick questions about the Webapp:

I have some attributes which I don't wish to be visible in the query
builder. They are inherited from the BioEntity class so that the table
they are in can be searched, but don't contain any data themselves. Is
there a way I can hide them?

There's no configurable way to hide them at the moment.  If you need to
you can make a local change to:
 intermine/web/main/src/org/intermine/web/logic/query/MainHelper.java

change these lines:
      if (fieldName.equals("id") && !isSuperUser) {
         continue;
      }

to:
      if (fieldName.equals("id") && !isSuperUser
          || fieldName.equals("anAttributeToHide")
          || fieldName.equals("anotherAttributeToHide")) {
         continue;
      }

Out of curiosity, which attributes were you thinking of hiding?

The drag and drop boxes on the query builder page only seem to work for
the pre-existing attributes. Any new attributes I have created move
around but do not change the output order when I run the query. Is there
something I need to configure to get this to work?

That's weird - all attributes are equal in InterMine.  We have had some
problems with drag and drop on Internet Explorer.  Which browser are
you using?

Some of my attributes only contain a few different values. I would like
to be able to constrain them in the query builder by using a drop down
list rather than a standard equals box. Is this possible?

That's configurable in the not-very-obviously-named:
 flymine/dbmodel/objectstoresummary.config.properties

It lists all attributes that should be shown in a drop-down.  There is
one line per class of interest.

Things have calmed down a bit here now that FlyMine paper has been
published and we've finished all we can do for our grant renewal.  If
you'd like us to pop down sometime to have a chat, we'd be happy to.
We could go over any other problem or ideas you have.  It would also
allow us to find out more about what you're doing, which would help us.

I'm available most days for the rest of the month.  The start or end of
the working day would be easiest for me.

Kim.

Re: Fwd: Fwd: Webapp questions

Richard Smith
Hi James,
There isn't an option to hide fields in the QueryBuilder - but since
Anthony set this up we have updated the model to remove some redundant
fields.  What is it that you don't want to display?

It may be that you could just remove some fields from additions files.
If not we'll have to look into how to re-implement the changeds
Anthony made before.

Richard.