Fwd: GBrowse Management module

Stephen Ficklin-2
Hi Zhensheng,

I'm forwarding your email to the Tripal Mailing list as this module was developed at the University of Saskatchewan and I am not very familiar with it.  Lacey should be able to help with your request.

Stephen

Re: Fwd: GBrowse Management module

Lacey-Anne Sanderson
Hi Zhensheng,

I'm the developer of the GBrowse module. It's only been tested with GBrowse version 1.x (not the newer 2.x series). In order to use it install GBrowse as normal (independently) and then install the Tripal-GBrowse module as you would any other module (uncompress and enable). At this point, if you go to the module description page (Administer -> Tripal Management -> GBrowse Management) there will be addition instructions including installing the PHP-MySQL extension and moving a template.conf from the module directory to your GBrowse configuration file directory. You will also need to set the paths on your system to various GBrowse locations at GBrowse Management -> Configuration.

This module allows you to create nodes (Drupal pages) for each GBrowse Instance on your system -By going to create content -> GBrowse Instance you can either register an existing GBrowse instance or get the module to create one for you. Additionally, this module allows you to load features (grouped by a library or analysis) directly from your tripal/chado into the GBrowse MySQL database. This requires that each of the features have featurelocs locating them either on themselves (backbone) or on the backbone features and that the GBrowse have a MySQL backend. Furthermore, there is the ability to remove groups of features and design tracks for them all through the web interface.

Hope this helps you get started!
~Lacey