I'm forwarding a post from the GMOD-Announce list to the developer list. The post is about helping get the word out about GMOD.
I'd like to make a particular request to this list to include a "Powered by GMOD" icon and link somewhere in the default installations of your components. Doing this will help raise the visibility of GMOD.
---------- Forwarded message ---------- From: Dave Clements, GMOD Help Desk<[hidden email]>
Date: Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 11:52 AM Subject: Help get the word out about GMOD To: GMOD Announce <[hidden email]>
Do you use GMOD tools in your research? If so, then you can help others and GMOD by getting the word out about GMOD and its tools.
There are many ways to do this, including:
* cite GMOD in publications,
* put a GMOD or "Powered by GMOD" icon on your web pages and printed material,
* invite a GMOD speaker to your institution or event, and
* include information on GMOD in your presentations.
Increasing GMOD's visibility has many benefits:
* It introduces biologists to tools that can help them learn from and exploit their data. * Increased visibility will lead to increased adoption of GMOD tools. * Increased adoption leads to more people contributing back to the project.
* Increased adoption and development helps GMOD and GMOD components get grant funding.
Finally, GMOD can also help raise the profile of your GMOD-related talk or event by advertising it on GMOD resources.
Please let me know if you have any questions or requests, and please help get the word out.