Fwd: [New post] Google Analytics in BlueGenes: what should we track?

Fwd: [New post] Google Analytics in BlueGenes: what should we track?

Yo Yehudi-2
Hi everyone,

We're implementing Google Analytics in BlueGenes and we'd love your feedback about what's appropriate and useful to track - full details in blog post below.

Yo Yehudi
InterMine

Re: Fwd: [New post] Google Analytics in BlueGenes: what should we track?

Steven Neuhauser

Hi Yo, everyone,

We have always wanted to have better tracking for web service use.

That doesn’t work so well with webpage based google analytics, so maybe a homebrew approach, or some fantastic hackery?

Steve

MouseMine

We're implementing Google Analytics in BlueGenes and we'd love your feedback about what's appropriate and useful to track - full details in blog post below.

Yo Yehudi

InterMine

yoyehudi posted: "TL;DR: We're implementing analytics tracking in BlueGenes. We can probably track anything you like, within reason. Leave a comment or email us if you have anything you'd like to see! Must adhere our privacy policy. Longer version: InterMine's JSP pages "

New post on InterMine

Image removed by sender.

Image removed by sender.

Google Analytics in BlueGenes: what should we track?

by yoyehudi

[...]

---

Re: Fwd: [New post] Google Analytics in BlueGenes: what should we track?

Yo Yehudi-2
Thanks Steve,

Do you have any specific requirements about what you would like to see? It sounds like you want something core in the InterMine server side rather than BlueGenes, but we'd still like to hear more :) We'd still have to be very careful not to track anything that violated our privacy policy. We wouldn't mind tracking which intermine web service client was used (if any), for example.

I note there is Google Measurement Protocol https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/protocol/v1/ which allows server-side interactions to be tracked as "hits" which looks, at first glance, like it could be something that's useful, without having tried it myself. Any thoughts?