Fwd: Open Source Hackathon Mentorship Invitation

Fwd: Open Source Hackathon Mentorship Invitation

Yo Yehudi-2
The USA is a bit far away for us so passing this onwards - anyone USA-based interested in mentoring a hackathon? We'd be happy for y'all to attend as an InterMine community representative. Some notes:

  • I've mentored similar hacks in the past and generally found them to be fun and full of unexpected but interesting interactions.
  • Travel & accommodation within the USA is sponsored
  • Mentors ideally would help out newbies making pull requests. We could help come up with a set of InterMiney issues to work on, but there are some already here: http://intermine.org/contributing/
  • The hack looks like it is probably overnight, but at the ones I've been to, mentors went to hotels to sleep (if they wished!) and came back in the morning.
  • There's a decent chance of swag to take home :) and we can probably arrange to get some InterMiney swag to you if you are able to go.