Fwd: maker error

himani malhotra

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: himani malhotra <[hidden email]>
Date: Wed, Sep 20, 2017 at 10:24 AM
Subject: maker error
To: [hidden email]

hello
I am using MAKER for gene prediction.I am getting error in Repbase installation.I am sending you the error also,please help me.I have installed repbase manually and unpacked its libraries in RepeatMasker Library but still I am getting error.
Please help me.

Thanks

Himani

makererror.png (284K) Download Attachment

Re: Fwd: maker error

Seth_m55
Hello,

When this happened to me it was a faulty pathing on my part when I configured RepeatMasker (which I also manually installed).

Seth Munholland, B.Sc., Ph.D. Candidate
Department of Biological Sciences
Rm. 304 Biology Building
University of Windsor
401 Sunset Ave. N9B 3P4
T: (519) 253-3000 Ext: 4755

Re: Fwd: maker error

Carson Holt-2
You have a couple of errors at the start indicating that you may have an issue with the perl forks module as well as RepeatMasker installations. Iā€™d recommend redoing both installations. Also the screen shot you show is not the failure, it is MAKER giving up after failing 2 times. To capture the actual failure set the try count to 3, then rerun and see what comes up in STDERR. Redirect STDERR to a file using ā€˜&>ā€™
.
Example:
maker &> err.log

Thanks,