GBrowse Search Anomalies

Samy Jeevan Karloss Antony
Hi,

I have been using GBrowse for few years now. Recently, I have loaded a new data in the existing GBrowse.

When I search for a gene name or a genome area, the numbers in the search box changes and shows a area which is 10Kb to 20KB downstream of the search query.

E.g.
Gene A is located in Ch1:10000..20000

If I search for gene A, it shows Chr1:12000..22000

even If I search for Ch1:10000..20000, it shows Chr1:12000..22000 or near the area around.

Could someone tell me what is happening and how can I fix it?

Jeevan