GBrowse Search

Sherry He
Hi,

We have a GBrowse 2 set up for an organism which contains 200+ genomes. When search a protein name in the search box, it shows hits on all the genomes in the organism. Is there a way to search a protein only against a specific genome given its unique ID (e.g. the accession number)?

Thanks,
Sherry He
ViPR BRC

Re: GBrowse Search

Scott Cain
Hi Sherry,

This situation is a little odd--usually GBrowse has one genome per instance, but I'm guessing you've got several viral sequences in the same instance (which is the 200 genomes), so they have the same named gene across many of the viral sequences.  So I guess what you'd like is something like "virus:hpv17 E6", right?  Because searching E6 would find that gene on every virus that has it.  Unfortunately, I can't think of a way to do that.

Scott