GBrowse Tutorial

Brandon Young
Hi,

I am trying to take the GBrowse tutorial at http://localhost/gbrowse/tutorial/tutorial.html, and have checked volvox.conf for a proper pathname and also checked for the presence of volvox1.gff3.

I am using Ubuntu and have the paths databases/volvox/volvox1.gff3, and cd gbrowse.conf/volvox.conf, where volvox.conf is not a directory. The pathname at the top of volvox.conf is the same as in the tutorial. All permissions allow me to read, write and execute the files, but nothing appears when I attempt to navigate to http://localhost/cgi-bin/gbrowse/volvox. Instead, there is a 503 service error. What does this mean and how can I resolve this issue?

Thanks,
Brandon

Re: GBrowse Tutorial

Jayaraman, Pushkala

What do your apache error logs say?.. I am guessing you are talking about gbrowse 1.7? or similar versions..

Pushkala Jayaraman

Programmer/Analyst

Rat Genome Database

Human and Molecular Genetics Center