GBrowse.conf - reload without restart under fcgi?

GBrowse.conf - reload without restart under fcgi?

Keiran Raine
Hi,

Is it possible to force changes to the GBrowse.conf file to be applied
without restarting the server (fcgi)?  The problem we have is that
every time we add new data sources they are not available without a
restart.

Eventually we plan for the data sources to be updated via cron
automatically as new data becomes available so it would be good to be
able to trigger this through the interface (which could be triggered
via a 'wget' or something).

Is this possible?

Thanks

Keiran Raine
Senior Computer Biologist
The Cancer Genome Project
Ext: 7703

Re: GBrowse.conf - reload without restart under fcgi?

Lincoln Stein
Hi Keiran,

GBrowse checks for updates to the individual datasource files (so you don't have to restart the server), but not to the main GBrowse.conf. This is an oversight and I will add making the fix to the TODO.

Lincoln

On Wed, Jun 23, 2010 at 1:19 PM, Keiran Raine <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

Is it possible to force changes to the GBrowse.conf file to be applied
without restarting the server (fcgi)?  The problem we have is that
every time we add new data sources they are not available without a
restart.

Eventually we plan for the data sources to be updated via cron
automatically as new data becomes available so it would be good to be
able to trigger this through the interface (which could be triggered
via a 'wget' or something).

Is this possible?

Thanks

Keiran Raine