GBrpwse2.0 error

Salvatore Esposito
Good morning all,
i'm an italian phD student working on wild potato. He have been sequenced the genome of our specie of interest and i'm now working on develop a genome browser dedicate on it.
I'm new user og GBrowse and I followed all the step required for the installation and setup.
I load also my file in correct folder:

- I created the folder cmm in  /var/lib/gbrowse2/databases
- I copied our annotation file inside named /var/lib/gbrowse2/databases/cmm/filtered_final_ok.gff

- after that i copied the cmm.conf in the folder /etc/gbrowse2
- and I manage also the /etc/gbrowse2/GBrowse.conf, adding the following line:

 [cmm]
description  = Tutorial database
path         = cmm.conf

So, everything should be fine, however I got this error when I try to connect to the server http://localhost/cgi-bin/gb2/gbrowse/cmm/ :

Internal Server Error

Please contact the server administrator at webmaster@localhost to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

Apache/2.4.10 (Ubuntu) Server at localhost Port 80

Could you help me to fix this problem and use the program?
Thanks in advance for your help
Sal

--
Salvatore Esposito, PhD Student
University of Naples "Federico II"

Re: GBrpwse2.0 error

Scott Cain
Hi Salvatore,

Before we go down this path, since you are setting up a new system, is there a reason you don't want to use JBrowse (http://jbrowse.org/)? It is also a GMOD project and is in most respects, the successor of GBrowse.  It is significantly easier to set up and in general, most users find it much more appealing.  It can do just about everything GBrowse can do and some other things as well.  The list of things that GBrowse can do and JBrowse can't is relatively short and probably not important for a new genome project.

Scott