GFF3 editor?

Lau, Branden M - (bmlau)
Hi,

I was wondering if there was any program or tool that can edit a GFF3 file that's not a perl script? For example I have a file where I need to edit the first column in order to append information.

Thanks,
Branden

Re: GFF3 editor?

Scott Cain
Hi Branden,

I don't know of any dedicated GFF3 editors, but since GFF is tab delimited text, you could use a spreadsheet like Excel to open the GFF file, make changes and then save it back to tab delimited text.  Depending on the types of changes you need to make, there is a good chance that would work well for you.

Scott