GMOD Hackathon reminder at PAG 2018, Apollo 2.0.8 released

GMOD Hackathon reminder at PAG 2018, Apollo 2.0.8 released

nathandunn

Two announcements from the Apollo Team:

1) We wanted to remind folks that the GMOD Hackathon is coming up January 10-11.  If you have any particular projects you are interested in, including features, bug fixes, and integrations please bring them along.  Feel free to email me ahead of time if you are wondering (or just want to give me fair warning ;).   Look forward to seeing all there for all of the GMOD projects.

2)  We are pleased to announce the latest release of Apollo, 2.0.8:  https://github.com/GMOD/Apollo/releases/tag/2.0.8

Thanks for the testing, patching, requests and bug reporting.

Other availability:
- There should be an Amazon Web Service Community image available on most AWS zones called “Apollo 2.0.8 Template”
- I updated our docker image to support 2.0.8 as a starting point for your own docker integrations: http://github.com/GMOD/docker-apollo  It is built on both docker hub https://hub.docker.com/r/gmod/apollo/  and quay https://quay.io/repository/gmod/docker-apollo?tab=tags

Some of the new features include:

  • added ability to annotate canvas BAM tracks
  • expanded track and sequence services
  • support for indexed FASTA as a reference sequence

Some important bug fixes:

  • numerous fixes to track web services
  • fixed numerous build issues

Note You will need to install node 6 or better.
Note If updating your jbrowse settings from previous versions in apollo-config.groovy you will need to set the JBrowse to use the currently tagged version or better. If this is commented out, however, the default will work.
Note Some issues with new tomcat and addStore / addTracks RFC 7230 and RFC 3986. See http://genomearchitect.readthedocs.io/en/latest/Setup.html?highlight=RFC#json-in-the-url-with-newer-versions-of-tomcat

The complete change log can be found at: https://github.com/GMOD/Apollo/blob/master/ChangeLog.md

Please review the documentation pages for more details: http://genomearchitect.readthedocs.io/en/stable/

Note: You can find a guide upgrading existing Apollo installations here:
http://genomearchitect.readthedocs.io/en/stable/Migration.html

Please open a GitHub issue if you find any problems: https://github.com/GMOD/Apollo/issues/

Active mailing list ([hidden email]) and archive.

Re: GMOD Hackathon reminder at PAG 2018, Apollo 2.0.8 released

Scott Cain
I was just getting ready to send out this update as well.  The hackathon is January 10-11 (to avoid overlapping with a Tripal usergroup meeting on the 12th).  The EventBrite page is up at

Tickets are $50 which is to offset the costs associated with the room and lunch on the first day.  The hackathon web page is also up at

Please feel free to add suggested topics or send suggestions to me or Nathan to add.

Sent from my iPad