GMOD Help Desk Transition

Dave Clements, GMOD Help Desk-3
Hello all,

After three years at the GMOD Help Desk I have decided to take a
similar position with the Galaxy project, starting on January 1. I'll
still be a part of the GMOD community (and I will still be involved in
planning GMOD Americas 2011), but I will no longer be GMOD project
staff. I have enormously enjoyed my time on this project and I have
learned a lot from working on the project and with the community.

This transition make this an ideal time to reconsider and reconfigure
what the GMOD Help Desk does. The Help Desk's current core tasks (see
http://gmod.org/wiki/GMOD_Help_Desk) will continue, including:

    * User help
    * Web site and documentation
    * Training, outreach, and community building
    * Developer support

What should the balance be between these tasks? What additional tasks
should be added to the mix? If you have any suggestions on how the
position should evolve, please send them to the Help Desk. We'll
compile your ideas and use them to guide the next incarnation of the
help desk.

We are also looking for someone to fill the updated position. If you
know of anyone, or are interested yourself, then please contact us as
well. It's a great job and there is no better community to work with.

Thanks for everything. It's been a great three years.

Dave Clements
GMOD Help Desk (for one more month)

--
http://gmod.org/wiki/GMOD_News