GMOD Lunch during ISMB in July (attn: Scott Cain)

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

GMOD Lunch during ISMB in July (attn: Scott Cain)

Othmar Korn
Dear Scott and GMOD / Chado developers,

Firstly, please forgive the mass mail.  With the ISMB conference fast approaching, I would like to know, what is the status of the proposed GMOD lunch?

I'm leading a development effort on a project which seeks to store human adult stem cell gene expression and sequence data, (possibly) using the Chado schema - I would love to talk all things GMOD and Chado, and more generally, to share experiences around bio-database development.

If anything has been organised (or even if not), would love the opportunity to meet any and all interested parties some time during ISMB / BOSC / MGED.

If you'd like to meet and chat, please respond. Thank you!

Kind regards,
Othmar


Othmar Korn
Sen Software Engineer (eResearch)
Information Services (Scholarly Information and Research)
Griffith University
Nathan Campus, Queensland, 4111

Research Assistant (Software Eng)
Eskitis Institute for Cell & Molecular Therapies
Griffith University
Nathan Campus, Queensland, 4111

www.griffith.edu.au
Phone: + 61 (0)7 3735 4419
Fax:       +61 (0)7 3735 4255



>From: Jayaraman, Pushkala <pjayaraman@mc...> - 2010-05-25 19:40
>
>I appreciate the idea of GMOD people informally meeting up at ISMB.. for
>those of us going there it would be a good place to catch up and also
>exchange more ideas..
>
>Pushkala Jayaraman
>Programmer/Analyst
>Rat Genome Database
>Human and Molecular Genetics Center
>Medical College of Wisconsin
>Email:
pjayaraman@...
>Work: 414-955-2229
>
http://www.rgd.mcw.edu
>

>   1. Re: Possible GMOD meeting before BOSC/ISMB in July (Scott Cain)
>
>Message: 1
>Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 14:30:04 -0400
>From: Scott Cain <
scott@...>
>Subject: Re: [GMOD-devel] Possible GMOD meeting before BOSC/ISMB in July
>
>>Hello all,
>>
>>Due to the short notice, I've decided not to have a GMOD meeting
>>before BOSC/ISMB in July.  I am hoping to plan an informal "GMOD
>>lunch" sometime during BOSC or ISMB for people who are going to the
>>meetings and would like to get together to chat.
>>
>>I'm looking at options for the next GMOD meeting.
>>
>>Thanks,
>>Scott


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This SF.net email is sponsored by Sprint
What will you do first with EVO, the first 4G phone?
Visit sprint.com/first -- http://p.sf.net/sfu/sprint-com-first
_______________________________________________
Gmod-schema mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gmod-schema
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: GMOD Lunch during ISMB in July (attn: Scott Cain)

Scott Cain
Hi Othmar,

Sorry I didn't answer your first email: I was hoping to have more
concrete information about a lunch, but I still don't.  I am giving a
talk right before lunch on Tuesday, so that would be the best day for
a get together, but I don't know enough about the surrounding area to
know how it could best be done.  It may be that the best thing to do
is just to try to "save" several tables where ever the main lunch
facility is for the conference.  I'll try to look into it more this
week, but if anyone familiar with the area has suggestions, I'm open
to them.

Thanks,
Scott


On Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 10:16 PM, Othmar Korn <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear Scott and GMOD / Chado developers,
>
> Firstly, please forgive the mass mail.  With the ISMB conference fast
> approaching, I would like to know, what is the status of the proposed GMOD
> lunch?
>
> I'm leading a development effort on a project which seeks to store human
> adult stem cell gene expression and sequence data, (possibly) using the
> Chado schema - I would love to talk all things GMOD and Chado, and more
> generally, to share experiences around bio-database development.
>
> If anything has been organised (or even if not), would love the opportunity
> to meet any and all interested parties some time during ISMB / BOSC / MGED.
>
> If you'd like to meet and chat, please respond. Thank you!
>
> Kind regards,
> Othmar
>
>
> Othmar Korn
> Sen Software Engineer (eResearch)
> Information Services (Scholarly Information and Research)
> Griffith University
> Nathan Campus, Queensland, 4111
>
> Research Assistant (Software Eng)
> Eskitis Institute for Cell & Molecular Therapies
> Griffith University
> Nathan Campus, Queensland, 4111
>
> www.griffith.edu.au
> Phone: + 61 (0)7 3735 4419
> Fax:       +61 (0)7 3735 4255
>
>
>>From: Jayaraman, Pushkala <pjayaraman@mc...> - 2010-05-25 19:40
>>
>>I appreciate the idea of GMOD people informally meeting up at ISMB.. for
>>those of us going there it would be a good place to catch up and also
>>exchange more ideas..
>>
>>Pushkala Jayaraman
>>Programmer/Analyst
>>Rat Genome Database
>>Human and Molecular Genetics Center
>>Medical College of Wisconsin
>>Email: [hidden email]
>>Work: 414-955-2229
>> http://www.rgd.mcw.edu
>>
>>   1. Re: Possible GMOD meeting before BOSC/ISMB in July (Scott Cain)
>>
>>Message: 1
>>Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 14:30:04 -0400
>>From: Scott Cain <[hidden email]>
>>Subject: Re: [GMOD-devel] Possible GMOD meeting before BOSC/ISMB in July
>>
>>>Hello all,
>>>
>>>Due to the short notice, I've decided not to have a GMOD meeting
>>>before BOSC/ISMB in July.  I am hoping to plan an informal "GMOD
>>>lunch" sometime during BOSC or ISMB for people who are going to the
>>>meetings and would like to get together to chat.
>>>
>>>I'm looking at options for the next GMOD meeting.
>>>
>>>Thanks,
>>>Scott
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> This SF.net email is sponsored by Sprint
> What will you do first with EVO, the first 4G phone?
> Visit sprint.com/first -- http://p.sf.net/sfu/sprint-com-first
> _______________________________________________
> Gmod-schema mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gmod-schema
>
>



--
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Scott Cain, Ph. D.                                   scott at scottcain dot net
GMOD Coordinator (http://gmod.org/)                     216-392-3087
Ontario Institute for Cancer Research

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This SF.net email is sponsored by Sprint
What will you do first with EVO, the first 4G phone?
Visit sprint.com/first -- http://p.sf.net/sfu/sprint-com-first
_______________________________________________
Gmod-schema mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gmod-schema
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: GMOD Lunch during ISMB in July (attn: Scott Cain)

Othmar Korn
Hi Scott,

Thank you very much for the response.

RE: Your talk, that's great - I'll be sure to be in attendance.

I notice that 1pm - 2pm on Tuesday 13th is reserved for "birds of a feather" meetings - according to the current BoF schedule, the technology track meeting rooms (306 and 309) are both free.

We ought to book one of those rooms for that timeslot I think, if it's suitable. Then for those interested, we can meet over lunch and into the BoF for an hour.

For other days, perhaps an ad-hoc lunch approach as you mentioned.

Cheers,
Othmar



From: Scott Cain <[hidden email]>
To: Othmar Korn <[hidden email]>
Cc: [hidden email], [hidden email]
Date: 02/07/2010 00:58
Subject: Re: [Gmod-schema] GMOD Lunch during ISMB in July (attn: Scott Cain)





Hi Othmar,

Sorry I didn't answer your first email: I was hoping to have more
concrete information about a lunch, but I still don't.  I am giving a
talk right before lunch on Tuesday, so that would be the best day for
a get together, but I don't know enough about the surrounding area to
know how it could best be done.  It may be that the best thing to do
is just to try to "save" several tables where ever the main lunch
facility is for the conference.  I'll try to look into it more this
week, but if anyone familiar with the area has suggestions, I'm open
to them.

Thanks,
Scott


On Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 10:16 PM, Othmar Korn <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Dear Scott and GMOD / Chado developers,
>
> Firstly, please forgive the mass mail.  With the ISMB conference fast
> approaching, I would like to know, what is the status of the proposed GMOD
> lunch?
>
> I'm leading a development effort on a project which seeks to store human
> adult stem cell gene expression and sequence data, (possibly) using the
> Chado schema - I would love to talk all things GMOD and Chado, and more
> generally, to share experiences around bio-database development.
>
> If anything has been organised (or even if not), would love the opportunity
> to meet any and all interested parties some time during ISMB / BOSC / MGED.
>
> If you'd like to meet and chat, please respond. Thank you!
>
> Kind regards,
> Othmar
>
>
> Othmar Korn
> Sen Software Engineer (eResearch)
> Information Services (Scholarly Information and Research)
> Griffith University
> Nathan Campus, Queensland, 4111
>
> Research Assistant (Software Eng)
> Eskitis Institute for Cell & Molecular Therapies
> Griffith University
> Nathan Campus, Queensland, 4111
>
>
www.griffith.edu.au
> Phone: + 61 (0)7 3735 4419
> Fax:       +61 (0)7 3735 4255
>
>
>>From: Jayaraman, Pushkala <pjayaraman@mc...> - 2010-05-25 19:40
>>
>>I appreciate the idea of GMOD people informally meeting up at ISMB.. for
>>those of us going there it would be a good place to catch up and also
>>exchange more ideas..
>>
>>Pushkala Jayaraman
>>Programmer/Analyst
>>Rat Genome Database
>>Human and Molecular Genetics Center
>>Medical College of Wisconsin
>>Email: [hidden email]
>>Work: 414-955-2229
>>
http://www.rgd.mcw.edu
>>
>>   1. Re: Possible GMOD meeting before BOSC/ISMB in July (Scott Cain)
>>
>>Message: 1
>>Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 14:30:04 -0400
>>From: Scott Cain <[hidden email]>
>>Subject: Re: [GMOD-devel] Possible GMOD meeting before BOSC/ISMB in July
>>
>>>Hello all,
>>>
>>>Due to the short notice, I've decided not to have a GMOD meeting
>>>before BOSC/ISMB in July.  I am hoping to plan an informal "GMOD
>>>lunch" sometime during BOSC or ISMB for people who are going to the
>>>meetings and would like to get together to chat.
>>>
>>>I'm looking at options for the next GMOD meeting.
>>>
>>>Thanks,
>>>Scott
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> This SF.net email is sponsored by Sprint
> What will you do first with EVO, the first 4G phone?
> Visit sprint.com/first --
http://p.sf.net/sfu/sprint-com-first
> _______________________________________________
> Gmod-schema mailing list
> [hidden email]
>
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gmod-schema
>
>



--
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Scott Cain, Ph. D.                                   scott at scottcain dot net
GMOD Coordinator (
http://gmod.org/)                     216-392-3087
Ontario Institute for Cancer Research



------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This SF.net email is sponsored by Sprint
What will you do first with EVO, the first 4G phone?
Visit sprint.com/first -- http://p.sf.net/sfu/sprint-com-first
_______________________________________________
Gmod-schema mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gmod-schema