GMOD grant application letter of support

GMOD grant application letter of support

Scott Cain
Hi all,

First, if you've already received this request, please accept my apologies; as you might imagine, I'm trying to blanket the world a few times over :-) I'm also working through the list of “known” users of GMOD software, so you may get it again in the near future.

As you may have heard, we (Lincoln Stein, Ian Holmes and I) are applying for a grant to continue work on aspects of the GMOD project, particularly JBrowse and Chado development and GMOD coordination (standards, meetings and courses). We are applying for a community resources for genomics grant from the NIH:

http://grants.nih.gov/grants/guide/pa-files/PAR-11-095.html

for which we think GMOD is an excellent fit. One of the things we need to demonstrate for this grant is that we in fact support the community and have the support of the community, and one way we'd like to show that is with many letters of support. Would you be willing to write such a letter? It could include information about how you've used or are planning to use GMOD software. To help you get started, I wrote some template paragraphs:

http://gmod.org/wiki/User:Scott#Support_letter_templates

The letters should be on institutional letterhead, signed and then scanned to a PDF or you could mail the original to me and I'll scan them.

The deadline for getting the letters of support back to me is September 3. Please let me know if you're willing to write one and if there is anything I can do to help you.

Thanks so much,