GMOD in Google Summer of Code

I am very pleased to announce that GMOD in conjunction with Reactome, Galaxy and OICR/WormBase, together forming Open Genome Informatics, has been accepted for the Google Summer of Code.  If you or someone you know might be a student interested in participating in GSoC, please take a look at

where there are proposed projects that cover a fair number of technologies.  Official proposals from students will be due in mid March (more on that later).

But WAIT! There's more: if you might be interested in being a mentor and working with a student this summer, it's not too late! You can add new project ideas to the page above (contact me if you need an account), or you can even volunteer to add yourself to one of the existing ideas as a potential mentor.

Please feel free to forward this to other mailing lists or people who might be interested.  We are already an eclectic, dispersed group, so everyone is welcome.