GMOD in the Cloud with docker

Scott Cain
Hi All,

I'm thinking about creating a new GMOD in the Cloud to replace the now very old one.  Since technology has advanced quite a bit since I last did this, I'm thinking I might be able to use docker to do it all.  This instance would contain Chado, Tripal, JBrowse and Apollo.  Are there "canonical" docker images for all of these?  I assume I'll probably want to modify them to work together in a nice way, but having a good starting point would be nice.

Also, do you have any suggestions for what else should be included?  I figured I would put in some yeast sample data, but having some sample data that could be edited by Apollo and be integrated into Tripal would be really nice.

Re: GMOD in the Cloud with docker

nathandunn

I think there are some great starting points here, from Eric, Bjorn and Antony, though they are also out of date:

Apollo has its own version (for a quick start): https://github.com/GMOD/docker-apollo, but I have a feeling you’ll want wants above.

I’m sure that there are a few other galaxy projects that do a full-scale integration.

Nathan