Galaxy is hiring Software Engineers and Post-Docs

Galaxy is hiring Software Engineers and Post-Docs

Dave Clements-3
Hello all,

Want to work in a challenging and cutting-edge environment on one of the fastest growing open source bioinformatics projects around? The Galaxy Project is a successful high throughput data integration and analysis platform for Life Sciences with tens of thousands of worldwide, and we are hiring.  See http://wiki.galaxyproject.org/GalaxyIsHiring for details.

Software Engineers

We are seeking ambitious individuals for multiple software engineering openings in the Galaxy Project. If you have expertise in distributed computing and systems programming, web-based visualization and visual analytics, informatics and data analysis and integration, or bioinformatics application areas such as re-sequencing, de novo assembly, metagenomics, transcriptome analysis and epigenetics then we want to talk with you. Regardless of area of expertise, we seek talented, self-motivated individuals to join our team. Galaxy is developed in an academic research environment, and members of the Galaxy team work closely with researchers on projects at the leading edge of data-intensive biological research.

Post-Docs

We are also hiring post-docs.  Join a vibrant research group at the core of the Galaxy Project and set trends in modern data-driven life-sciences and develop best practices for analysis of next-generation sequencing data in all areas of Life Sciences where NGS is used:  Push the envelope in data intensive science.

Interested in working with a thriving community on a rapidly evolving high performance platform that is used by thousands of researchers around the world every day?  Then please consider joining Galaxy.

As always, please let me, or any of us (http://wiki.galaxyproject.org/GalaxyTeam), know if you have any questions, and please redistribute this announcement.

Thanks,

Dave Clements
Galaxy Training and Outreach