Galaxy server requires a restart to activate tools

Galaxy server requires a restart to activate tools

RMSe17
Hello, I have a fresh 17.01 Galaxy installed and set up with uWSGI.
After installing a new tool, I can't run it without first restarting
Galaxy.  This is odd, because I know in 17.01 that should no longer be
happening.

The error I get is "This tool was disabled before job completed.
Please contact your Galaxy administrator.

In the logs I see "Tool (... tool name) removed from tool config,
unable to run job
Cleaning up external metadata files
Error checking job readiness"

After Galaxy restarts, the tool runs fine.

Is there anything typical that could cause this?  Any place I should
start looking?

Thanks!

Re: Galaxy server requires a restart to activate tools

Björn Grüning-3
Hi,

afaik Marius fixed a few bugs in 17.05 and I know that 17.05 should work
as described not sure 17.01 can be exprected to work this way.

Can you try 17.05?
Thanks,
Bjoern

On 14.09.2017 03:51, RMSe17 wrote:

> Hello, I have a fresh 17.01 Galaxy installed and set up with uWSGI.
> After installing a new tool, I can't run it without first restarting
> Galaxy.  This is odd, because I know in 17.01 that should no longer be
> happening.
>
> The error I get is "This tool was disabled before job completed.
> Please contact your Galaxy administrator.
>
> In the logs I see "Tool (... tool name) removed from tool config,
> unable to run job
> Cleaning up external metadata files
> Error checking job readiness"
>
> After Galaxy restarts, the tool runs fine.
>
> Is there anything typical that could cause this?  Any place I should
> start looking?
>
> Thanks!

Re: Galaxy server requires a restart to activate tools

RMSe17
Hi Bjoern,

I upgraded to 17.05, but am still getting the same error when trying
to run an installed tool without Galaxy restart.

Any idea on where the issue could be?

Thanks!

On 9/13/17, Björn Grüning <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> afaik Marius fixed a few bugs in 17.05 and I know that 17.05 should work
> as described not sure 17.01 can be exprected to work this way.
>
> Can you try 17.05?
> Thanks,
> Bjoern
>
> On 14.09.2017 03:51, RMSe17 wrote:
>> Hello, I have a fresh 17.01 Galaxy installed and set up with uWSGI.
>> After installing a new tool, I can't run it without first restarting
>> Galaxy.  This is odd, because I know in 17.01 that should no longer be
>> happening.
>>
>> The error I get is "This tool was disabled before job completed.
>> Please contact your Galaxy administrator.
>>
>> In the logs I see "Tool (... tool name) removed from tool config,
>> unable to run job
>> Cleaning up external metadata files
>> Error checking job readiness"
>>
>> After Galaxy restarts, the tool runs fine.
>>
>> Is there anything typical that could cause this?  Any place I should
>> start looking?
>>
>> Thanks!

Re: Galaxy server requires a restart to activate tools

Marius van den Beek
Hi,

Can you check the commit of galaxy that you are using and post the logs
that you see when you install a tool that doesn't work ?
Does this happen for all tools that you install ?

Best,
Marius