Gbrowse VM super user password

DOLAN D.W.P.
Hi.

I've been setting up GBrowse2 using the 64-bit virtual machine download and have came to a point where I need to use some sudo commands but when I input them I am asked for a password which I assumed from the available documentation was gbrowse. However this does not seem to be the case.

Does anyone know what the root password is on the VM by default?

Thanks

David Dolan

Re: Gbrowse VM super user password

Scott Cain
Hi David,

I'm reasonably sure the superuser name is admin and the password is gbrowse.

Scott

On Thu, Aug 29, 2013 at 11:38 AM, DOLAN D.W.P. <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi.

I've been setting up GBrowse2 using the 64-bit virtual machine download and have came to a point where I need to use some sudo commands but when I input them I am asked for a password which I assumed from the available documentation was gbrowse. However this does not seem to be the case.

Does anyone know what the root password is on the VM by default?

Thanks

David Dolan

Re: Gbrowse VM super user password

Lincoln Stein

My guess is that you are logged in as the "gbrowse" user. It does not allow sudo. You need to log out and then log in as "admin" with the password "gbrowse" for both the login and sudo.

Lincoln

On Thu, Aug 29, 2013 at 11:38 AM, DOLAN D.W.P. <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi.

I've been setting up GBrowse2 using the 64-bit virtual machine download and have came to a point where I need to use some sudo commands but when I input them I am asked for a password which I assumed from the available documentation was gbrowse. However this does not seem to be the case.

Does anyone know what the root password is on the VM by default?

Thanks

David Dolan

Lincoln D. Stein
101 College St., Suite 800