Gbrowser installation

pengyan

Hi,

I installed the Gbrowser according to the command:

sudo apt-get install gbrowse gbrowse-calign gbrowse-data libbio-samtools-perl apache2
It seems everything is OK. However, after installation, I can't open the page localhost/gbrowse2! I also check the directory /var/www. There is nothing except the index.html. I found the cgi-bin folder in the directory /usr/lib rather than in /var/www. So I thought there are some directory errors.

Any help would be appreicated!!

Yan

Re: Gbrowser installation

girlwithglasses
Hello Yan,

Did you receive any help with your GBrowse issue? If not, have you checked the configuration section of the GBrowse tutorial? It sounds like you just need to set up the appropriate directory paths.

Let us know if that solves your issue!

On Tue, Jan 29, 2013 at 3:00 PM, pengyan <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

I installed the Gbrowser according to the command:

sudo apt-get install gbrowse gbrowse-calign gbrowse-data libbio-samtools-perl apache2
It seems everything is OK. However, after installation, I can't open the page localhost/gbrowse2! I also check the directory /var/www. There is nothing except the index.html. I found the cgi-bin folder in the directory /usr/lib rather than in /var/www. So I thought there are some directory errors.

Any help would be appreicated!!

Yan

Amelia Ireland
GMOD Community Support || http://gmod.org

Re: Gbrowser installation

Scott Cain
Hi Yan,

Also make sure apache is installed and running (sudo apt-get install apache2).  Also be aware that the Debian packages are a little out of date (I think it's version 2.38, where as the cpan release is 2.54).

Scott