[Gmod-ajax] Control Which Tracks are Visible by Default?

[Gmod-ajax] Control Which Tracks are Visible by Default?

Ben Bimber
Hello,

We have a jbrowse instance w/ many tracks.  When a new user opens it for the first time, no tracks are visible.  If there a setting in trackList.conf or elsewhere I can use to control which are visible?  I looked over the docs but dont see anything specifically on visibility.  I realize the URL can be tweaked to control which tracks are shown; however, i'm hoping to find a solution that works on the unaltered URL.

Thanks for any help,
Ben

Re: Control Which Tracks are Visible by Default?

Ke Jiang
you may use the following lines to configure default tracks and tracks always on in track.conf:

[general]
dataset_id = maize_v3
defaultTracks = DNA,ZmB73_v3_23_genes,ZmB73_v3_miRNAs
alwaysOnTracks = DNA,ZmB73_v3_23_genes,ZmB73_v3_miRNAs