[Gmod-ajax] Error: unable to fetch file

cikAlal
Hi,

I am using CentOS 6.4. I've successfully installed Jbrowse in my computer. However, when I see the Volvox test data, there are some files that cannot be fetched. The error message is shown in the figure attached. May I know why is this happen? I run this through

file:///var/www/jbrowse/JBrowse-1.11.5/*

Is there any problem though?

Regards,
Sue.

Screenshot.png (136K) Download Attachment

Re: Error: unable to fetch file

Ke Jiang
This is a problem documented in the configuration guide. For some linux distro and apache, you'll have to turn off the magic_mime module to render the BAM files.

Ke

On Tue, Nov 25, 2014 at 7:31 PM, Suhaila Sulaiman <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I am using CentOS 6.4. I've successfully installed Jbrowse in my computer. However, when I see the Volvox test data, there are some files that cannot be fetched. The error message is shown in the figure attached. May I know why is this happen? I run this through

file:///var/www/jbrowse/JBrowse-1.11.5/*

Is there any problem though?

Regards,
Sue.

Ke Jiang, Ph.D.
Post-doctoral Fellow
Delbruck Laboratory
Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory
Cold Spring Harbor, NY 11724

Re: Error: unable to fetch file

Jillian Rowe
Should you be trying to fetch the .bam or the .bai?

I'd guess its file permissions. What does the log for apache say?