[Gmod-ajax] How to add Header and Footer

[Gmod-ajax] How to add Header and Footer

vaneet

Hello all,

When previously using GBrowse, there was an option in the configuration file to configure pages for the header and footer of the page.   How is this done in JBrowse?  I’d like to embed the JBrowse browser with the same header and footer on every page as we need to integrate it into our website.  Is this something that must be setup completely external to JBrowse, or are there already settings/configurations in place within JBrowse to support header and footer pages?

Thanks,

Vaneet

Vaneet Lotay

Xenbase Bioinformatician

716 ICT Building - University of Calgary

2500 University Drive NW

Calgary AB T2N 1N4

CANADA

Re: How to add Header and Footer

Colin
The easiest way to "embed jbrowse" on another page would probably be to use an iframe to link to the jbrowse instance of choice e.g. http://gmod.org/wiki/JBrowse_Configuration_Guide#Embedded_mode

Note that it is also possible in theory (and sometimes in practice) to embed JBrowse without an iframe. For example, you can take the index.html of JBrowse and customize it for your purposes. You can, for example, change the GenomeBrowser <div> to not have 100% width and height, and make it have width 1000px and height 800px instead. Then it can fit easily on a different webpage

The problem with embedding without iframe is that you can easily run into issues with "CSS collisions" where the CSS from your specific page collides with jbrowse elements, of CSS from jbrowse elements collides with your outside page.

-Colin