JBrowse 1.11.2 has been released, with some new controls to adjust the
size of quantitative tracks (thanks to Evan Briones at University of
Arizona!), added support for the new text-based tracks.conf files to
generate-names.pl, and quite a few other small improvements.
* Added some user interface elements to set the height in pixels of a
single quantitative track, or of all visible quantitative tracks.
Thanks to Evan Briones for implementing this!
* Added a `JBrowse/View/FeatureGlyph/Diamond` glyph that draws
diamond-shaped features instead of boxes. Thanks to OICR Co-op
student Kevin Mohamed for implementing this!
* Reference sequence tracks now display a "no sequence" message
instead of a bunch of blank blocks when the reference sequence
basepairs aren't available. Thanks to Kevin Mohamed for
implementing this (issue #422).
* Persistent session state is now stored on a per-dataset basis,
which improves user experience when switching between multiple
datasets in JBrowse. Thanks to Richard Hayes for pointing this
issue out, and Kevin Mohamed for the fix (issue #410).
* "Hide sites not passing ..." settings in VCF track menus now show
the filter's long description when hovered over. Thanks to Keiran
Raine for suggesting this (issue #420).
* Tweaked display of track labels and added a slight border at the
top edge of each track to make it more clear which track data
belongs to. Thanks to Keiran Raine for suggesting this, and Kevin
Mohamed for the initial implementation (issue #432).
* Added a `--config` option to `flatfile-to-json.pl` that accepts
additional configuration variables that will be merged into the top
level of the track configuration. Thanks to Mikael Brandström
Durling for the initial implementation of this.
## Bug fixes
* `generate-names.pl` now indexes VCF files from track definitions in
`tracks.conf` files. Thanks to Paul Halle for pointing this out
* Added a missing dependency for the server side formatting tools on
List::MoreUtil 0.28 or higher. Thanks to Cris Lawrence and Keiran
Raine for troubleshooting this!