[Gmod-ajax] JBrowse 2.0?

Keiran Raine
Hi Robert,

I'd like to say I was sorry to hear that you were moving on, I've really appreciated the rate that you've addressed issues and concerns over the last few months.

One thing I'd like to know is what is the future of JBrowse 2.0?  What you presented at GMOD 2014 looked like it was going to be a great advancement and it would be a shame to loose the work that has already been completed.

Kind regards,

Keiran Raine
Principal Bioinformatician
Cancer Genome Project
Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute

Tel:+44 (0)1223 834244 Ext: 7703
Office: H104

Re: JBrowse 2.0?

Suzanna Lewis-3
Hi Keiran,

I echo your feelings. We'll all miss Rob, he's been terrific to work with.

But work on JBrowse will continue. Colin has already started to pick up some of the slack, there will be a new staff member hired, we're still planning on a developer's hackathon (Apollo+JBrowse), hopefully in June, and I'm crossing my fingers that we'll find a way to at least stay in touch with Rob.

Best, Suz

On Mar 11, 2014, at 1:53 PM, Keiran Raine <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Robert,

I'd like to say I was sorry to hear that you were moving on, I've really appreciated the rate that you've addressed issues and concerns over the last few months.

One thing I'd like to know is what is the future of JBrowse 2.0?  What you presented at GMOD 2014 looked like it was going to be a great advancement and it would be a shame to loose the work that has already been completed.

Kind regards,

Keiran Raine
Principal Bioinformatician
Cancer Genome Project
Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute

Tel:+44 (0)1223 834244 Ext: 7703
Office: H104

Re: JBrowse 2.0?

Ian Holmes-2
Hi Keiran,
yes it's bittersweet to see Rob go, but we'll be conducting a replacement search very soon. As Suzi said, JBrowse work will continue in the community. JBrowse 2 is currently in a transitional state, as you know, but Rob spent some time going over the plans with me & writing transitional documentation to help his replacement get up to speed. The work will definitely not be lost.
Best,
Ian

On Tue, Mar 11, 2014 at 1:53 PM, Keiran Raine <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Robert,

I'd like to say I was sorry to hear that you were moving on, I've really appreciated the rate that you've addressed issues and concerns over the last few months.

One thing I'd like to know is what is the future of JBrowse 2.0?  What you presented at GMOD 2014 looked like it was going to be a great advancement and it would be a shame to loose the work that has already been completed.

Kind regards,

Keiran Raine
Principal Bioinformatician
Cancer Genome Project
Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute

Tel:<a href="tel:%2B44%20%280%291223%20834244%C2%A0Ext%3A%207703" value="+441223834244" target="_blank">+44 (0)1223 834244 Ext: 7703
Office: H104