[Gmod-ajax] Missing make file in root dir JBrowse for Quantitative tracks

[Gmod-ajax] Missing make file in root dir JBrowse for Quantitative tracks

sanjay shah
Hi ,

I  jus tdownloaded Jbrowse form git and then trying to use it .
Am trying Jbrowse for Quantitative tracks and as to go by docs :
i first need to Compile the wiggle-processing program by running make
in the JBrowse root directory
So when i do :

make

It throws error make command file .I do not find make file in  the
root ..Could you help me on this?How do i go about it ?

Thanks,
Sanjay

--
Success is how many times u smile each day every day.

Re: Missing make file in root dir JBrowse for Quantitative tracks

Mitch Skinner
Hi,

Could you be more specific about what you're doing, and what you're
seeing?  If you could go into your terminal and copy and paste from
there into an email, including the commands you ran, and the output you
saw, that would be very helpful for understanding what's happening.

Mitch

On 06/14/2010 03:03 AM, sanjay shah wrote:

> Hi ,
>
> I  jus tdownloaded Jbrowse form git and then trying to use it .
> Am trying Jbrowse for Quantitative tracks and as to go by docs :
> i first need to Compile the wiggle-processing program by running make
> in the JBrowse root directory
> So when i do :
>
> make
>
> It throws error make command file .I do not find make file in  the
> root ..Could you help me on this?How do i go about it ?
>
> Thanks,
> Sanjay

Re: Missing make file in root dir JBrowse for Quantitative tracks

sanjay shah
Hi ,

Thanks.Am just trying to   browse quantitative ("wiggle") tracks in
JBrowse.There is a sample wig file available under
/tutorial/data_files    and am trying to use the same .The steps from
terminal are as below:

@:/var/www/jbrowse$ bin/wig-to-json.pl --wig
docs/tutorial/data_files/volvox_microarray.wig
Can't find binary executable /var/www/jbrowse/bin/wig2png (try typing
'make' in jbrowse root directory?) at bin/wig-to-json.pl line 28.

Now when I type  make from  the  root directory it says no command found:

@/var/www/jbrowse$ make
-bash: make: command not found

Now when i list all the files  in the root directory of Jbrowse with
:ls -ltr  i cannot find any make file  there .

How could i compile "src/wig2png.cc"  to browse wiggle tracks
then?Could  you  please help on this one...?

Thanks,
Sanjay

--
Success is how many times u smile each day every day.

Re: Missing make file in root dir JBrowse for Quantitative tracks

Ian Holmes
It sounds like your system does not have the 'make' tool installed. In
order to build the wig2png program you need developer tools (make, gcc).
What hardware/OS/version are you using?

sanjay shah wrote:

> Hi ,
>
> Thanks.Am just trying to   browse quantitative ("wiggle") tracks in
> JBrowse.There is a sample wig file available under
> /tutorial/data_files    and am trying to use the same .The steps from
> terminal are as below:
>

> @:/var/www/jbrowse$ bin/wig-to-json.pl --wig
> docs/tutorial/data_files/volvox_microarray.wig
> Can't find binary executable /var/www/jbrowse/bin/wig2png (try typing
> 'make' in jbrowse root directory?) at bin/wig-to-json.pl line 28.
>

> Now when I type  make from  the  root directory it says no command found:
>

> @/var/www/jbrowse$ make
> -bash: make: command not found
>
> Now when i list all the files  in the root directory of Jbrowse with
> :ls -ltr  i cannot find any make file  there .
>

> How could i compile "src/wig2png.cc"  to browse wiggle tracks
> then?Could  you  please help on this one...?
>

> Thanks,
> Sanjay
>

> On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 2:17 PM, Mitch Skinner
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Could you be more specific about what you're doing, and what you're seeing?
>>  If you could go into your terminal and copy and paste from there into an
>> email, including the commands you ran, and the output you saw, that would be
>> very helpful for understanding what's happening.
>>
>> Mitch
>>
>> On 06/14/2010 03:03 AM, sanjay shah wrote:
>>> Hi ,
>>>
>>> I  jus tdownloaded Jbrowse form git and then trying to use it .
>>> Am trying Jbrowse for Quantitative tracks and as to go by docs :
>>> i first need to Compile the wiggle-processing program by running make
>>> in the JBrowse root directory
>>> So when i do :
>>>
>>> make
>>>
>>> It throws error make command file .I do not find make file in  the
>>> root ..Could you help me on this?How do i go about it ?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Sanjay

Re: Missing make file in root dir JBrowse for Quantitative tracks

sanjay shah
Hi,

Thanks Ian.I have installed make and g++ and it works fine now.

Thank you so much .

Regards,
Sanjay

--
Success is how many times u smile each day every day.