[Gmod-ajax] Multiple Datasets configuration

[Gmod-ajax] Multiple Datasets configuration

Hans Vasquez-Gross
Hi All,

From my previous email yesterday, I got a single dataset properly working through my JBrowse install.  However, now I'm having a hard time getting multiple datasets (with different references) to work through JBrowse.

No matter which link you use, the top left named dataset always says "Test TILLING".  However, the dataset and refSeq.json that is loaded is always for the iwgsc-5BL dataset.  Is this because the iwgsc-5BL is the last defined dataset in the master jbrowse.conf?  I've tried different configurations today, but haven't been able to get this to work.

I've included the tracks.conf and trackList.json files for each of the three datasets.  I've also included the master jbrowse.conf and jbrowse_conf.json files.

Any comments or suggestions would be helpful.

Cheers,
-Hans

iwgsc-5BL-trackList.json (402 bytes) Download Attachment
iwgsc-5BL-tracks.conf (44 bytes) Download Attachment
jbrowse_conf.json (410 bytes) Download Attachment
jbrowse.conf (3K) Download Attachment
test-tilling-trackList.json (406 bytes) Download Attachment
test-tilling-tracks.conf (192 bytes) Download Attachment
tilling-trackList.json (384 bytes) Download Attachment
tilling-tracks.conf (706 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: Multiple Datasets configuration

Robert Buels-2
Did you remember to set dataset_id in the trackList.json or tracks.conf
files for each of your datasets?

Robert Buels
Lead Developer
JBrowse - http://jbrowse.org

On 02/20/2014 06:12 PM, Hans Vasquez-Gross wrote:

> Hi All,
>
>  From my previous email yesterday, I got a single dataset properly
> working through my JBrowse install.  However, now I'm having a hard time
> getting multiple datasets (with different references) to work through
> JBrowse.
>
> DatasetLinks:
> http://169.237.215.34/jbrowse/?data=data/json/tilling
> http://169.237.215.34/jbrowse/?data=data/json/test-tilling
> http://169.237.215.34/jbrowse/?data=data/json/iwgsc-5BL
>
> No matter which link you use, the top left named dataset always says
> "Test TILLING".  However, the dataset and refSeq.json that is loaded is
> always for the iwgsc-5BL dataset.  Is this because the iwgsc-5BL is the
> last defined dataset in the master jbrowse.conf?  I've tried different
> configurations today, but haven't been able to get this to work.
>
> I've included the tracks.conf and trackList.json files for each of the
> three datasets.  I've also included the master jbrowse.conf and
> jbrowse_conf.json files.
>
> Any comments or suggestions would be helpful.
>
> Cheers,
> -Hans

> Read the Whitepaper.
> http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=121054471&iu=/4140/ostg.clktrk

Re: Multiple Datasets configuration

Hans Vasquez-Gross
Thank you Robert.  After playing around more with the configuration, I found that editing the master jbrowse.conf to NOT include the tracks.conf and trackList.json files fixed the problem.  Now, when it links directly to a data directory, it only includes the associated seq and tracks.

Cheers,
-Hans

On Fri, Feb 21, 2014 at 5:15 AM, Robert Buels <[hidden email]> wrote:
Did you remember to set dataset_id in the trackList.json or tracks.conf files for each of your datasets?

Robert Buels
Lead Developer
JBrowse - http://jbrowse.org

On 02/20/2014 06:12 PM, Hans Vasquez-Gross wrote:
Hi All,

 From my previous email yesterday, I got a single dataset properly
[...]

Programmer
Dubcovsky and Neale Lab