[Gmod-ajax] Possibility of globally disabling preflight requests for all XHRs in JBrowse

[Gmod-ajax] Possibility of globally disabling preflight requests for all XHRs in JBrowse

vkrishna
Message below was initially posted to JBrowse GitHub issues (#760)

Hi Everyone,

Along the lines of the fix made by @cmdcolin for the SPARQL store (https://github.com/GMOD/jbrowse/pull/679), if we were to disable preflight requests globally for JBrowse, in what context of the code would one implement this change?

I have a situation where in my tracks.conf, I'm including other configuration files using `include += <a href="http://url/path/to/my/tracks.conf`">http://url/path/to/my/tracks.conf`. In doing so, when trying to fetch the config file, JBrowse complains saying:

```
XMLHttpRequest cannot load http://url/path/to/my/tracks.conf. Response for preflight is invalid (redirect)
```

The XHR request is first encountering a "301 Moved Permanently" redirect, following which the requested data is returned in the response (prefixed with all the necessary CORS headers). It seems that Dojo XHR does not like the redirect.

Any thoughts on how this can be resolved? Would there be any downsides to globally disabling preflight requests?

Thank you very much!

Regards,
Vivek

Re: Possibility of globally disabling preflight requests for all XHRs in JBrowse

vkrishna
For anyone who might be interested:

Just wanted to report that I have figured out how/where to disable the preflight request for this particular aspect of JBrowse, involving the merging of the various included config files.

Thank you.
Vivek

On Wed, Jun 8, 2016 at 4:59 PM Krishnakumar, Vivek <[hidden email]> wrote:
Message below was initially posted to JBrowse GitHub issues (#760)

Hi Everyone,

Along the lines of the fix made by @cmdcolin for the SPARQL store (https://github.com/GMOD/jbrowse/pull/679), if we were to disable preflight requests globally for JBrowse, in what context of the code would one implement this change?

I have a situation where in my tracks.conf, I'm including other configuration files using `include += http://url/path/to/my/tracks.conf`. In doing so, when trying to fetch the config file, JBrowse complains saying:

```