[Gmod-ajax] Regarding JBrowse

Vijay Bhasker
Hi GMOD

Could anyone please let me know what these HTMLFeaures and CanvasFeatures and how to use them( where to apply each options) and after putting it in the code how should I execute them.

Thanks.

Regards
Vijay.

Re: Regarding JBrowse

Scott Cain
Hi Vijay,

Have you looked at the track configuration file yet (data/trackList.json)?  That has json sections for each track that you've run flatfile-to-json for.  I believe that it will make tracks that you don't specify when you run HTML tracks, so you should see that in the config.

The difference between them is a matter of preference.  I think most people think that the CanvasFeatures look better and use them.  HTMLFeatures would likely be more backward compatible with more web browsers, but hopefully you don't have any users running Windows XP and really old versions of Internet Explorer.

Scott

On Thu, Aug 18, 2016 at 4:17 PM, Vijay Bhasker <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi GMOD

Could anyone please let me know what these HTMLFeaures and CanvasFeatures and how to use them( where to apply each options) and after putting it in the code how should I execute them.

Thanks.

Regards
Vijay.

Re: Regarding JBrowse

Vijay Bhasker
Hi GMOD

I am finding difficulty in understanding the volvox.conf file with all feature tracks. Could anyone please provide me a link that can help me understand the code in the volvox.conf file because when I changed the "key" of one track, it did not change in the Jbrowse page in the browser. Also, what is the significance of many options like "track", "category", etc. So, can anyone help me understand this file.

Thnaks in advance.

Vijay.

On Fri, Aug 19, 2016 at 9:16 AM, Scott Cain <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Have you seen the FAQ yet?

Also, there is pretty extensive documentation at

I suspect the problem you're really having is that web browsers tend to aggressively cache things like json files, so even if you make a change in one and reload, the browser won't actually reload the json file but rather use the one it has in it's cache.  To avoid this problem, it's a good idea to use a browser where you can turn caching off.  I use Chrome and when the View->Developer->Javascript Console is open, caching is turned off.

Scott