[Gmod-ajax] Regarding JBrowse

Vijay Bhasker
Hi GMOD

I would like to know which file to use to configure CanvasFeatures. Could anyone please tell me how to use these configuration options.

Thanks
Vijay.

Re: Regarding JBrowse

Scott Cain
Hi Vijay,

First, might I suggest that you subscribe to the mailing list?  That way you wouldn't have to wait for somebody to notice that there is an email waiting in the moderation queue and your mail would go straight to everybody on the list.

Nearly all aspects of the way tracks look is configured in trackList.json or tracks.conf--either one can be used--they configure the same way, just with different formats, since different people are comfortable with formats.  I use trackList.json because it feels easier to read.  When you're looking for guidance on how options work, a good place to start is the sample data.  For example, if you did this:

  grep -r CanvasFeatures sample_data/*

you'd find that CanvasFeatures are mentioned in sample_data/json/volvox/trackList.json so you could open that up and look at how it's used.

When you move beyond that, you can look at the documentation on the wiki:

Scott