[Gmod-ajax] VCF details popup behavior

Naama Menda
hi,

I have a bunch of VCF tracks, and the detail pop up window sometimes behaves funny. At first when clicking the SNP the details window wither does not allow scrolling up or down, or the entire top part of the window is not visible  (see attached screenshot) .
This is resolved if I resize the browser window a bit , then scrolling is enabled again and I can see the entire data .

Any thoughts?

thanks!
-Naama

Naama Menda
Boyce Thompson Institute for Plant Research
Tower Rd
Ithaca NY 14853
USA

Sol Genomics Network
http://solgenomics.net/
[hidden email]

Inline image 1

Re: VCF details popup behavior

Raza
Hello Naama Menda,
                                 This might be because of the screen resolution. Have a look at the
maxFeatureScreenDensity attribute.
On 02.07.2014 17:02, Naama Menda wrote:
hi,

I have a bunch of VCF tracks, and the detail pop up window sometimes behaves funny. At first when clicking the SNP the details window wither does not allow scrolling up or down, or the entire top part of the window is not visible  (see attached screenshot) .
This is resolved if I resize the browser window a bit , then scrolling is enabled again and I can see the entire data .

Any thoughts?

thanks!
-Naama

Naama Menda
Boyce Thompson Institute for Plant Research
Tower Rd
Ithaca NY 14853
USA

<a moz-do-not-send="true" href="tel:%28607%29%20254%203569" value="+16072543569" target="_blank">(607) 254 3569
Sol Genomics Network
http://solgenomics.net/
[hidden email]

Inline image 1

Re: VCF details popup behavior

Colin
Hi Naama,
We have noticed this problem recently as well. It's a serious issue and i must apologize for causing it.

Issue page: https://github.com/GMOD/jbrowse/issues/492

I recommend undoing this commit if you at all have the ability to control your instance code for a temporary patch (that is, removing the overflow: hidden style from main.css). We will be attempting to fix this asap with a new release but i can't promise anything

See
https://github.com/GMOD/jbrowse/commit/91966079143ce6c2e61b1f87b82f1eb9989326a2

-Colin

On Wed, Jul 2, 2014 at 10:02 AM, Naama Menda <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

thanks Colin,

undoing the commit solved the problem.

I have another question - is there a way for increasing the max number of tracks to more than 30 besides editing Faceted.js?

-Naama

Naama Menda
Boyce Thompson Institute for Plant Research
Tower Rd
Ithaca NY 14853
USA

(607) 254 3569
Sol Genomics Network
http://solgenomics.net/
[hidden email]

On Wed, Jul 2, 2014 at 11:12 AM, Colin <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Here is the code you might be talking about?

        grid.selection.selectRange = function( inFrom, inTo ) {
            var selectionLimit = 30;
            if( inTo - inFrom > selectionLimit ) {
                alert( "Too many tracks selected, please select fewer than "+selectionLimit+" tracks." );
                return undefined;
            }
            return origSelectRange.apply( this, arguments );
        };

I think this limit only applies to selecting that many tracks at once from the faceted selector. You can select more than that if you just incrementally build it up. otherwise, if you need to select more than 30 tracks at once, you can change that "var selectionLimit" stmt.

-Colin