[Gmod-ajax] concurrent?

David Breimann
Hi,

Many time I go through the routine of adding a sequence file, adding features from multiple GFF3 files than adding multiple numeric tracks from WIG files.
I have a script that does all that, but it works serially and it takes a good minute or two.
Do you think it's possible to run some of the things concurrently?
For example, I obviously have to add the sequence before anything else, but maybe I can add multiple tracks at the same time?
So, do you think it's safe to run multiple ..-to-json.pl or are there any shared resources they might try to update simultaneously and cause errors?

Thanks,
Dave

Re: concurrent?

Mitch Skinner
The scripts do take locks when they're updating the JSON; I've run them concurrently on a number of occasions but I've never really torture-tested them.

Mitch

------------------------------------------------------------------------------ The Palm PDK Hot Apps Program offers developers who use the Plug-In Development Kit to bring their C/C++ apps to Palm for a share of $1 Million in cash or HP Products. Visit us here for more details: http://p.sf.net/sfu/dev2dev-palm