[Gmod-ajax] ensuring each track renders exactly once

[Gmod-ajax] ensuring each track renders exactly once

Emily Greenfest-Allen
Hi-

I’m experience the following bug: https://github.com/GMOD/jbrowse/issues/567 wherein a track is rendered twice when the loc parameter in the URL is used to specify a named feature.
It appears that JBrowse is drawing the track from which the name was generated, regardless of whether it is already drawn (e.g., set as default track or specified in the URL).  Has any one else run into this or perhaps has a solution or suggested work around?

I have a form in which the user enters a gene or snp identifier and is taken to a JBrowse view; I need to ensure that the Gene and SNP tracks are drawn (exactly once) without knowing whether the user has chosen a SNP or gene identifier.

Thanks,

Emily
----
Emily Greenfest-Allen, Ph.D.
Senior Research Investigator
Computational Biology and Informatics Laboratory
Penn Institute for Biomedical Informatics
University of Pennsylvania
3700 Hamilton Walk
D103 Richards Medical Research Building