[Gmod-ajax] function values() { [native code] } on chrome?

[Gmod-ajax] function values() { [native code] } on chrome?

Ben Bimber
Hello,

I've been running JBrowse 1.11.5 for a while now without issues.  It's been a little while since I opened it; however, this morning I noticed that when I click on a VCF track variant to show the details, I see "function values() { [native code] }" for each field, instead of the actual value (screenshot below).  Is this a known issue?  It appears to only apply to VCF tracks.  Also, it is chrome-specific (51.0.2704.84 m).  I tried FF and it worked as expected.  Thanks.

Inline image 1

Re: function values() { [native code] } on chrome?

Colin
JBrowse 1.11.6 should have fixed this bug :)

The release notes for 1.11.6 have a note for it

 * Fixed a bug that affected some VCF and GFF popup dialogs in some
   browsers, particularly Chrome 38 (issue #522).

The cause was that Chrome introduced the feature called Array.prototype.values in Chrome 38, retracted it, but more recently re-added it again

If you want to fix it in your current 1.11.5, you can add something like this to your index.html

<script>delete Array.prototype.values;</script>

Updating to 1.11.6 or newer can fix it too.

-Colin