[Gmod-ajax] jbrowse api

Sofia Robb
Hi,

Can someone share the link to the JBrowse API documentation with me? I have this one but it seems to be not working or wrong.

Thanks,
Sofia

Re: jbrowse api

Monica Munoz-Torres
Dear Sofia,

I think the most up-to-date documentation (including APIs) lives here:

cheers,
~moni.

On Tue, Mar 7, 2017 at 2:39 PM, Sofia Robb <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

Can someone share the link to the JBrowse API documentation with me? I have this one but it seems to be not working or wrong.

Thanks,
Sofia

Mentorship Matters!
--
Monica Munoz-Torres, PhD.
Berkeley Bioinformatics Open-source Projects (BBOP)

Mailing Address:
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
1 Cyclotron Road Mailstop 977
Berkeley, CA 94720

Re: jbrowse api

Sofia Robb
Hi Moni!!

Thanks. I have this link. I was looking for some documentation to help me understand the functions. For example, if I want to write a call back for showLabels, what arguments does it take? I can guess that feature would be one ...

Thank you Moni,
Sofia

On Tue, Mar 7, 2017 at 4:04 PM, Monica Munoz-Torres <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Eric Yao
Hi Sofia,
There is no rigorous documentation at this time.
The link you have was something I tried to do at one time but it didn't work very well with AMD (at the time) and it wasn't very complete, and so I took it down.

I also made this at an early time, but it is also not comprehensive.  But, I can give you a good idea about the general structure.

On Tue, Mar 7, 2017 at 3:04 PM, Monica Munoz-Torres <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Hi Eric,
Thanks for the info. This might help me. I'll look it over.

Thank you,
Sofia

On Tue, Mar 7, 2017 at 4:21 PM, Eric Yao <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

nathandunn

Sofia,

That *was* the right link, I think.  I autogenerated this with JBrowse using JSDoc, but its not well annotated (and I think that ESDoc looks like a better tool).

That being said, if you are in eclipse or IntelliJ (or what not), it should provide a list of functions depending on the class you happen to be in.

Nathan

On Mar 7, 2017, at 3:13 PM, Sofia Robb <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Hi Nathan,

This looks good. I think this will help me a lot with trying to understand others' code and eventually to help me write my own.

Thank you,
Sofia