[Gmod-ajax] moving to a new position

Robert Buels-2
Hi all,

Well, my time as the full-time JBrowse Lead Developer is coming to a
close.  It's been great.  Starting a bit over a week from now, I'm
transitioning to a new job in industry, working with Foundation Medicine
(http://www.foundationmedicine.com) as a software engineer in their
Knowledge Informatics group, developing Semantic Web systems and
client-side applications.

Since JBrowse is an open-source project, I'm not going away entirely,
but I will have much less time to devote to it.  I will probably be able
to answer a few JBrowse emails and review a pull request or two per
week, but not much beyond that.

As of now, there is not a firm plan to hire another full-time senior
developer to lead the project, although there are some grants submitted
that, if funded, may make that possible at some point in the future.

So: things are going to slow down a bit, and the community will need to
pick up the slack when it comes to fixing bugs and making improvements,
and answering questions on this mailing list.  But the good news is,
that's already happening!  In recent months, the community has really
grown dramatically, and we are starting to see people answering each
other's questions on a regular basis, and I've been getting more GitHub
pull requests for improvements and bug fixes than ever (12 in the past 3
months alone!).  And I'll continue to be available to review pull
requests and answer questions.

Thank you all again for a great couple of JBrowse years, we've made a
lot of progress together!

All the best,

Rob

--

Robert Buels
Lead Developer (for a bit longer)

Re: moving to a new position

Martin Asser Hansen
Dear Robert,

Thank you for a tremendous effort over the years! In your time Jbrowse have really matured! I wish you the best of luck.

Cheers,

Martin Asser Hansen
Cand. Scient., PhD

Bioinformatician