[Gmod-ajax] names/root.json?

Ben Bimber
Hello,

I am running the generate-names script to index features.  This makes a bunch of jsonz files and meta.json in the /names folder.  When I load the JBrowse app, I see a console error saying 'cannot find /names/root.json'.  Should this file get created by generate-names.pl, or should the JS code be looking for meta.json instead?

Thanks,
Ben

Re: names/root.json?

Colin
The fetching for names/root.json shouldn't happen if generate-names.pl has been run. Normally the trackList.json will be updated by the generate-names.pl with something like this:

   "names" : {
      "url" : "names/",
      "type" : "Hash"
   }

The names/root.json is only fetched if it doesn't find this. Can you check if your trackList.json was updated with this snippet?

-Colin