[Gmod-ajax] safe way to delete some of the tracks?

[Gmod-ajax] safe way to delete some of the tracks?

David Breimann
Hello,

I use JBrowse with a number of different genomes. For each genome,
there is obiovusly its sequence (fasta fil) and an annotaion file
(GFF3). Now every now and then I add some track and then want to
remove them, but without deleting the entire directory so that I won't
have to set the sequence and main GFF again.
Is that possible? That is, neatly remove just some of the tracks?

Thanks,
David

Re: safe way to delete some of the tracks?

Ian Holmes
For now the easiest way is to manually delete from data/trackInfo.js the
clause corresponding to this track. This means deleting a brace-enclosed
block like this:

    {
       "url" : "data/tracks/{refseq}/EnsemblGenes/trackData.json",
       "type" : "FeatureTrack",
       "label" : "EnsemblGenes",
       "key" : "Ensembl Genes"
    },

A little utility to do this would be straightforward to write and has
been one of our to-dos for a while. Feel free to beat us to it & write
one yourself :)

Cheers
Ian

David Breimann wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I use JBrowse with a number of different genomes. For each genome,
> there is obiovusly its sequence (fasta fil) and an annotaion file
> (GFF3). Now every now and then I add some track and then want to
> remove them, but without deleting the entire directory so that I won't
> have to set the sequence and main GFF again.
> Is that possible? That is, neatly remove just some of the tracks?
>
> Thanks,
> David

Re: safe way to delete some of the tracks?

Ian Holmes
Here's the ticket:

http://jbrowse.lighthouseapp.com/projects/23792/tickets/53-script-to-remove-tracks