[Gmod-ajax] tooltips and popup dijiMenu divs not nested under GenomeBrowser div?

[Gmod-ajax] tooltips and popup dijiMenu divs not nested under GenomeBrowser div?

Richard Hayes
Hi all,

I have barely begun to test this, so I don't know if this is a disruptive change, especially for Apollo.

Tooltips, mouse events, and feature detail popups, etc. seem to be created outside the main GenomeBrowser div, instead attached to document.body. This has a side effect of breaking normal JBrowse functionality if browser fullscreen mode is engaged. Track menus, feature popups, and tooltips don't display.

We're using this plugin
https://github.com/awilkey/fullscreen-jbrowse
that uses requestFullScreen() or the appropriate browser equivalent.

As a test, I modified CanvasFeatures.js to add featureTooltip divs to the "GenomeBrowser" div and those then display in fullscreen mode.

Can anyone think of any gotchas for apollo if we were to migrate to this approach?

Best regards,

Richard D. Hayes, Ph.D.
Joint Genome Institute / Lawrence Berkeley National Lab
http://phytozome.jgi.doe.gov

Re: tooltips and popup dijiMenu divs not nested under GenomeBrowser div?

nathandunn

Richard,

I tested this with Apollo 2, and the Apollo plugin (when logged-in) hides the “Full-screen” button (if its the one created by the plugin).  You can get the same effect by maximizing the window (I think).  Everything seems to work normally, though.  If you are logged out (what we call normal mode), the Full-screen button seems to function normally.

&tldr;  It should work.

Nathan

On Jun 7, 2017, at 8:05 AM, Richard Hayes <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Colin
It is true that things like

- menubar dropdowns
- dialog boxes
- probably more...

Are added outside of the GenomeBrowser div. I haven't seen any problem with the fullscreen plugin though with regards to these things(?)

-Colin

PS Note that to some extent it is a dojo thing for adding things outside the genome browser div this way, for example this says https://dojotoolkit.org/reference-guide/1.10/dijit/Dialog.html "After creating a Dialog, the Dialog (and the underlay) moves itself right behind the <body> element within the DOM..."