[Gmod-ajax] urlTemplate

Ben Bimber
Hello,

I am trying to understand what's possible in terms of providing custom track data with urlTemplate.  The docs have an example like:

"urlTemplate" : "tracks/ExampleFeatures/{refseq}/trackData.json",

Does this mean the parser simply supports some standard string substitutions like {refseq} to form the final URL?  In other words, I could just as easily have:

"urlTemplate" : "myServer.com/jbrowseExport.api?action=trackData&ref={refseq}"

Essentially the question is how much flexibility to do I in how I setup the URLs to share track data.  Thanks in advance.

-Ben

Re: urlTemplate

Colin
Hi Ben,
I don't have a configuration to test out, but I do believe this is valid. I actually think this type of configuration is used in the trellis project. The details of that project aren't too relevant, but it does use this. It's a nice alternative to a full blown REST API i think.

-Colin

On Thu, Jul 3, 2014 at 1:53 PM, Ben Bimber <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,

I am trying to understand what's possible in terms of providing custom track data with urlTemplate.  The docs have an example like:

"urlTemplate" : "tracks/ExampleFeatures/{refseq}/trackData.json",

Does this mean the parser simply supports some standard string substitutions like {refseq} to form the final URL?  In other words, I could just as easily have:

"urlTemplate" : "myServer.com/jbrowseExport.api?action=trackData&ref={refseq}"

Essentially the question is how much flexibility to do I in how I setup the URLs to share track data.  Thanks in advance.

-Ben

Re: urlTemplate

Ben Bimber
Hi Colin,

Thanks for the reply.  Based on the context, it seems to make sense that simple requests (ie. single tracks) would support a more flexible URL, while a full blown store (where JBrowse is dynamically generating and querying by URL), would need to conform to JBrowse's expected format.

-Ben