Quantcast

[Gmod-phendiver] Chado schema freeze

Scott Cain
Hi All,

I would like to freeze the Chado schema for the 1.2 release.  Does
anybody have last minute changes they'd like to get in?  If I don't
hear any complaints, I'll freeze the schema tomorrow (Friday) and
build the schema for the release.

Re: [Gmod-phendiver] [Gmod-schema] Chado schema freeze

Fields, Christopher J
Just a quick question: storage of the schema version has been raised in the past (e.g. have some way of querying the database to find out what version of Chado is being used, etc); I think this was raised at the Hackathon last fall.  Has this been integrated in any way?

Reason I ask: we had raised the idea of using Chado locally for some work, and lack of an API version in the database seems to be a blocker for deployment with some of our developers.

Full discloser: I have been pretty busy as of late and am not fully up-to-speed re: the current state of Chado, but I'm working on it (veeeerrrrry slowly, unfortunately).

chris

On Jul 14, 2011, at 5:53 AM, Scott Cain wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I would like to freeze the Chado schema for the 1.2 release.  Does
> anybody have last minute changes they'd like to get in?  If I don't
> hear any complaints, I'll freeze the schema tomorrow (Friday) and
> build the schema for the release.
>
> Thanks,
> Scott

> Scott Cain, Ph. D.                                   scott at scottcain dot net
> GMOD Coordinator (http://gmod.org/)                     216-392-3087
> Ontario Institute for Cancer Research

Re: [Gmod-phendiver] [Gmod-schema] Chado schema freeze

Scott Cain
Hi Chris,

Actually, I was planning on adding this, but it is not currently in
the schema (of course, I did give myself until tomorrow...)

Scott